Dear Faculty Members,
Since its launch in 2000, the EMBO Young Investigator Programme (YIP) selects independent scientists throughout the EMBC Member States, thereby creating a European network of outstanding life scientists. From the onset the EMBO Young Investigator Programme has attracted applications from some of the best young independent scientists in Europe.
The EMBO Young Investigator Programme offers a number of unique benefits to support the young group leaders in establishing a reputation as excellent scientists.
- Lead their first independent laboratory for at least one and not more than four years in an EMBC Member State. For female candidates with children the four year time limit is extended by one year per child.
- At least two years of post PhD scientific experience and an excellent track record.
- Work in the very broadly defined area of molecular biology.
- Have obtained sufficient funding to run their laboratories. The applicant and his/her home institution must demonstrate that the former enjoys true scientific and financial independence
- Have published at least one last author paper after establishing an independent laboratory.
Deadline for the programme is April 1st, 2011.
For further information please click here.
Research and Graduate Policies Directorate