VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is a life sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. They perform basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. VIB works in close partnership with four universities − UGent, K.U.Leuven, University of Antwerp and Vrije Universiteit Brussel and is funded by the Flemish government.
VIB offers international fellowships to integrative biology postdocs who have advanced skills in omics technologies. They expect applicants to propose their own integrative biology project, focusing on the use or the introduction of ‘omics’ (bioinformatics, metagenomics, genomics, proteomics...) in the research topic of their choice.
The final application deadline is 15 September 2012. This program is cofinanced by the European Commission Marie Curie FP7 People Cofund.
- VIB International Postdoc program “OMICS@vib” is open to applicants from all nationalities.
- Applicants should not have been carrying out research in Belgium for more than 12 months during the last 3 years before the deadline of the program on 15/09/2012.
- Postdocs selected for this program should be able to start their postdoc project before 1/6/2013.
- Applicants must hold a PhD degree before the start of the fellowship, but not necessarily when applying.
- Applicants must have a proven record of research accomplishments and at least one original first author publication (including joint authorship), either published in or accepted by an international peer-reviewed journal with high recognition in the field.
- Applicants should not have more than 5 years of postdoc experience at the moment of the deadline, 15 September 2012.
- Candidates must deliver proof of a solid English knowledge
- Plant/Yeast research
For further information please go to http://www.vib.be/en/training/postdoc-program/Pages/default.aspx.
Project Development Office
Research and Graduate Policies