TUBITAK BIDEB proposes a new fellowship program called “CO-FUNDED Brain Circulation Scheme (Co-Circulation Scheme)” to attract research talent to Turkish Research Landscape which is an integral part of the European Research Area. It is supported by TÜBİTAK and The Marie Curie Action COFUND. The Co-Circulation program is five-year long and 100 researchers will be supported with four calls. In each call, approximately 25 fellowships will be funded.
The Call is open until September 7th 2012, at 6:00 pm (local time)
The general criteria all proposals must meet:
- Proposals must involve an academic or industrial host institution located in Turkey and a research scientist of any nationality from the respective institution
- Experienced researchers possessing doctoral degrees or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experiences are eligible to apply.
- The researchers must not have resided in Turkey for more than 12 months in the 3 years.
- The applicants who are currently supported by any of BİDEB programs and/or working in Turkey are not eligible to apply.
- Researchers wishing to continue their career in Turkey permanently (or at least long term) should apply and indicate that in her/his career development plans in the application form.
- Research topics are chosen freely by the applicants.
- The duration of the each call is 20-24 months except the last one. (The last call will be 12 months).
- Pre-application: Applicants wishing to be considered Co-Circulation Fellowship funding should complete all the relevant sections on the pre-application form at http://www.cocirc.tubitak.gov.tr/node/4 (at least 2-3 weeks before the final application).
- Final Application: Central Authentication Service- (https://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/giris.htm?siteLanguage=en) will be used during the online application.
Prepared and submitted by the researcher
- Detailed research proposal
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications
- Notarized copy of diplomas and the documents which provide proof of years full-time experience within the related field
(The research proposal, curriculum vitae and list of publications of the researcher should be prepared in the required format at http://www.cocirc.tubitak.gov.tr/node/8.)
Prepared and submitted by scientist in charge in the host institution
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications of the research scientist (The CV format of the ARBIS is applicable)
- Motivation letter explaining the aim of the invitation of the visiting scientist
- A letter showing the promise of employment by the highest authority of the host institution
Prepared and submitted by referees
- A reference letter providing the referees observations on the characteristics and achievements of the applicants. The format of the reference letter is available at http://www.cocirc.tubitak.gov.tr/node/8.
Applicants should provide the required information related to referees and scientists in charge during the online application. The system will automatically email an electronic submission request to each referee as well as scientist in charge after the application is completed. Recommendation letters and the documents should be submitted the date indicated in the letter they will receive from the e-BIDEB system.
Project Development Office
Research and Graduate Policies Directorate